Sorry it has taken me so long to write this review. I’ve been feeling crazy lately with life. Anyways, this last weekend I saw The Great Gatsby. I never was a big fan of the book and went into the movie with very low expectations. That being said I knew I had to see it in 3D no matter how much I hate 3D. I’m expecting everyone to know what Gatsby is about, so now let me tell you how I felt the movie went.
- Although everyone did a pretty good job at acting the part, Leonardo DiCaprio was so intense I actually felt hatred towards Gatsby and almost felt bad for the husband (ALMOST).
- Daisy who in the book you hate for her flipped disregard for anyone else’s feelings, you actually felt as the victim.
- The 3D was great, I’m not actually sure how you could see it in a regular theater.
- The plot was fully developed and you weren’t left confused by the complex story points.
- They used 21st century music and spiced it up to seem like it would be fitting for the 20s. I’m sorry none of that existed and I didn’t sign up to see music video after music video.
Overall, it wasn’t too bad – if you aren’t a fan of the book and are willing to shift your feelings towards the different characters. So, go see it in 3D if nothing else to look at the graphics.
Entertainment Factor: 7/10
Acting Quality: 8.5/10
Visual Effects: 8/10
- Why I Disagree With Critics Of The New Gatsby Film (writingredbaron.wordpress.com)
- The Great Gatsby Movie Review (tiffanyyong.com)
- ‘The Great Gatsby’: Joyously over the top (brobrubel.wordpress.com)